To direct the nursing care of the residents and ensure that quality care is provided in an efficient and safe manner consistent with the facility's standards, policies and procedures and regulatory requirements, to plan, organize, implement and evaluate resident care and nursing services in all nursing neighborhoods. Supervise and mentor employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Please number)
1. Can develop and implement resident’s plan of care with team input
2. Assures discharge planning is completed as appropriate
3. Coordinates admission assessments and coordinate assessments of residents
4. Is able to monitor PPD and adhere to guidelines of CFO
5. Is able to monitor call bells to provide proficient care of the residents
6. Is able to monitor overtime.
7. Can facilitate physician orders, has good computer skills
8. Can assure proper identification of each resident and maintenance of complete, accurate resident records.
9. Can assist in establishing good public relations and staff relations. Can deal with resident, families and public on a personal basis.
10. Knows established Policies and Procedures and recommends changes/updates as needed.
11. Can assure appropriate staffing to meet residents care needs. Can do department schedules.
12. Can monitor residents' care and direct staff in the provision of care.
13. Can keep physician, family and staff updated regarding residents’ condition and any changes in condition or untoward events
14. Can make independent decisions regarding nursing care. Can handle emergency situations of all types competently
15. Can assure orientation of staff assigned to neighborhood and update staff with information as it becomes available
16. Can maintain accurate and adequate documentation and records of resident care.
17. Can demonstrate principles of good management
18. Can analyze and evaluate nursing services needs
19. Can participate in assessing and assuring the quality of resident care
20. Can evaluate and complete nursing staff evaluations if requested by Nurse Manager
21. Can follow routine duties of night supervisor
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES: (Please number)
1. Will be required to help cover evening supervisor and provide holiday coverage
2. All other duties as assigned
Works in a clean, well heated, well lighted and well ventilated building. Prolonged standing and walking, repeated bending, squatting, stooping, exposure to all resident elements including infection, odors and to peculiarities in behavior and reactions of the elderly, assists with emergencies and in restraining violent or combative residents.
QUALIFICATIONS NECESSARY TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Completion of state approved Registered Nurse Program and must hold a current PA nursing license and must have basic CPR Certification. BSN preferred. Previous experience in hospital or nursing home preferred. Sense of responsibility, moral integrity and common sense. Sincere desire to work with elderly. Patience and compassion essential. Pleasant, cheerful, tactful, courteous when handling residents and/or families. Ability to cooperate with other personnel. Ability to treat patient information confidential. Must be able to lift, turn and reposition residents both alone and with assistance with and without the use of mechanical devices. Must also be able to assist others with lifting, turning and repositioning residents both with and without the use of mechanical devices. Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position including lifting residents with help. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position without posing a direct threat of harm to themselves, others or property. Must adhere to Wesbury's personnel policies and practices including, but not limited to, the attendance requirements
Able to supervise entire nursing staff
Under the supervision of Director of Nursing and Administrator following established procedures.
RESIDENT FILE ACCESSIBILITY: