Director of Purchasing
Direct and manage the day to day operations of the purchasing function in order to provide an adequate flow of products, equipment and services to supply Wesbury's needs. Negotiate and analyze contract pricing thru our Group Purchasing Organization and thru the Purchasing Committee thus providing Wesbury with the lowest possible costs while ensuring quality products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Negotiate and maintain contracts with vendors and utility companies.
- Organize the Purchasing function to ensure routine daily functions and proper procedure for requesting and ordering materials and equipment for the facility.
- Oversee the distribution of materials in an orderly and precise manner.
- Work closely with nursing and other departments to ensure inventories are at acceptable levels
- Establish and maintain measurable performance metrics
- Reduce costs where possible while ensuring quality products.
- Ensure all vendors and suppliers meet service benchmarks, and perform ongoing evaluation of vendors and suppliers.
- Conduct annual performance appraisals for department employees.
- Supervise and direct departmental employees and discipline when necessary while coordinating with Human Resources.
QUALIFICATIONS NECESSARY TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
5 or more years of experience in a Purchasing/Materials Management role in a Long-Term Care, Healthcare, or Rehabilitation setting.
Bachelor's degree in business or sufficient equivalent experience in Materials Management or related field.
Must be detail-oriented while being able to step back and identify processes needing improvement, and to recommend improvements
A self-starter that can multi-task and prioritize, with awareness of deadlines
Strong computer skills and have working experience using software used in Materials Management; especially excel. Ability to learn new programs easily
Experience the Difference!
We are offering Competitive Base Pay plus recognition for experience!
Who we are:
Wesbury has been an integral part of the Meadville area for 100 years. At Wesbury, we focus on people, our residents, their lives, their health, and their families. Our commitment to those we serve is to provide outstanding care and services with empathy, compassionate, and respect, recognizing that each resident has unique needs and desires. We bring quality of life in aging by providing a wide array of services including independent living, personal care, long-term care, short-stay rehabilitation, and memory support options.
What we are looking for:
Are you interested in changing people’s lives? Do you love connecting with those in need and their families? Are you at your best when you are treating a whole person? Do you have a heart for delivering superior services? Are you looking to became part of a team of professionals dedicated to serving seniors with a complete continuum of social, spiritual, and health-related care?
What we have to offer:
Wesbury is committed to the professional and personal development of every team member. To encourage continued growth, we provide:
- Competitive Base Pay plus recognition for experience.
- Career advancement opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement program
- On-going paid training
- CPR certification
- Recognizing the value of our employees, Wesbury offers a generous benefit package for part-time and full-time employees.
- 403(b) retirement plan with Employer match
- Paid vacation, holidays and personal days
- Paid sick days
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- Recognition and rewards
- Health Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Membership to the Meadville Area Recreation Center
- 20% Discount for purchases in the Wesbury neighborhood grill.
Our employees enrich the lives of our residents every day. Several times throughout the year, Wesbury liked to give back to the employees who make us great.
- Employee Summer Picnic
- Christmas and Easter Gift
- Christmas Luncheon
- Recognition Program
- Longevity Bonus
- ABCD Peer-to-Peer Recognition Program
Wesbury prohibits discrimination against and harassment of any employee or any applicant for employment because of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.
See what we are all about at www.wesbury.com and on Facebook at Wesbury Retirement Community.